Introducing!!!



Halo and Aimee

HALO

Being a part of Camp forever seems so simple, especially when one thinks about the difference being made in all the lives involved. Halo definitely understands this mentality as she took some time to answer the questions I posed to her.  And as I read through her short, sweet and simple answers I realized Camp, and the influence it has, comes to her second nature.  I definitely don't need a crystal ball to see that her future is bright with all things CR4TS.

As the 2012 Camp season builds up steam, Halo is ready to rock and roll.  "As a sibling, I’ve been going to camp for about the past 5 years, and this will be my 3rd year volunteering as a couneslor at the CR4TS Day camp. This will also be my first year as an LIT at SIBS camp!"  We are so excited to have such a dedicated post-camper and young staff ready to learn and grow.

"I return to camp every year because not only is it fun for the kids, but I have a blast as well! I get to work with other amazing counselors and we get to dress up and do different activities with the kids every day. Every year I count down the days until it's time to go back to camp! I also look forward to making new amazing memories from camp that I will remember forever!"

All that enthusiasm!! Can't you feel it? Don't you want to be a part of it? (Sidenote: all three sessions are filled regarding staff but we can always use more in-kind donations such as gift cards, toys & games, costumes, arts & crafts, lunches, etc if you would still like to be a part of the magic.)

Halo enjoys the Marshmellow Battle as well as singing Camp Mambo. Though when it comes to choosing a favorite memory…."It's hard to choose one favorite memory because I have so many that I love. I think playing our intense games of Duck- Duck Goose and seeing all the kids giggling would be one of my favorite memories as a counselor." This may be a presumption but I am going to add "so far" to the end of that sentence, as I am sure Halo will make many, many more. She liked the Carnival theme from a couple of years ago and (like you weren't expecting this) Patty Cake's Peanut costume, which was indeed pretty awesome.

"I prepare for camp by singing all the camp fire songs while preparing all my outfits I'm going to wear for each theme day at camp." This is such an important aspect in each counselor's year. The preparatory week, weekend or day of gathering all things camp related and making that transition from reality to Camp-ality; coordinating costumes, trying to remember camp song lyrics, reliving moments from the past year.

"It's sad when camp has ended and I have to go back to reality, but knowing that we will all be back the next year makes me even more excited! I start counting down the days for next year’s camp, the day after camp is over! I look forward to it all year!!!!!!!"

The circle of life in even simpler terms. Camp, Reality, Camp and so on until nursing homes don't allow one to leave for such extended periods of time.

Camp Makes a Difference...

Comments